Thursday, January 05, 2012

Motivating Teachers

I have always wanted to focus on how to motivate students and keep them learning and wanting to learn. Lately, I have thinking about how can we as teachers stay motivated and how can we keep other teachers motivated to teach. It's an interesting and difficult area to address. For one, positive motivation should come from the principal. But, sometimes teachers of all areas of academics find themselves not motivated. During my Christmas break, I thought about reenergizing and renewing myself. I knew that when I came back to school, I would have many meetings and new students to assess in reading development.

It helps teachers to have a guide or path of motivation techniques to help them throughout the school year. Especially when coming back from a Holiday break or vacation. I hear a lot of " I don't want to be back,"or "The time flew by" and unfortunately, it is not positive. How do we keep the positive motivation teachers need to keep going and create a positive learning environment in the school?

I think principals and other administrative leaders need to keep this in mind. Teachers should be eased into a certain "flow" back into the classroom environment that will create a positive learning environment for each student. How do administrators do this throughout the year? In the summer months?

I found a website called "Motivation for Teachers." I will talk further about this website in my next post.  I find the ideas in this website are wonderful and will help teachers, schools, and leaders lead a more motivating and positive frame of mind for the educational environment.

No comments: